The Vision, Purpose and Mission of ICADIA are that:
within ten years from now, every pupil and student will have access to whole-person learning and life enhancing tools to enable them to reach their potential and excel.
ICADIA is an independent non-profit organisation with the following objectives:
- To source, identify, and model excellence wherever it exists, and take it into all areas of education.
- To give every child and every adult, no matter what their perceived capabilities, the tools and support to access their own innate potential, and excel.
This will be achieved through ICADIA Technology of whole-person learning, a unique synthesis of NLP, modelling excellence, positive psychology, accelerated learning, emotional intelligence, energy and somatic techniques, and other personal growth methodologies.
- To promote, through the above, ICADIA, which is solution-, rather than problem-, based, by advancing mental, physical and emotional well-being.
- To teach Modelling Excellence - how to model success and how to replicate it – in education, special educational needs, sports, life, and the Arts.
- To further develop the art of modelling excellence in individuals who are successful, and those who have overcome their own disadvantages or disabilities, of groups, of organisations – addressing their purpose, vision, identity, values, beliefs, capabilities, skills, and behaviour.
- To share this body of knowledge through conferences, forums, training courses, coaching, and mentoring and to create national partnerships to take these forward. To create web-based pre-school, school, and post-school centres of excellence for sharing Rainbow Technology and Methodology.
- To create and organise ICADIA projects, working with individuals, groups, organisations and communities (including charitable trusts, schools, colleges and universities, youth groups, young offenders, community groups and services).
- To provide a curriculum, body of knowledge, (tools, techniques, and training), assessment and certification for practitioners, trainers and coaches.
- To establish a resource centre and disseminate the best practice, knowledge and understanding about how people learn, develop, and succeed.
- To engage in research, monitor and assess the affects of ICADIA Technology and Methodology on the performance of students, schools and education institutions, working in collaboration with academic institutions to establish the efficacy of our work.
- To raise funds to support and promote ICADIA nationally and internationally.
Values & Beliefs:
- Every child and student can have the chance to be the best they can be.
- Modelling excellence leads to excellence. If one person can do something, it is possible to model it and teach it to others. Experience and excellence has structure.
- Individuals process all information through their fives senses and we have preferences!
- Mind and body are interdependent – and within the mind conscious and unconscious also have a symbiotic relationship.
- People work perfectly: no-one is broken. But they may need more choices and strategies to unlimit them.
- We already have all the resources we need to succeed or we can learn and obtain them easily. What we need is the ability to access these resources at appropriate times and places.
- What we perceive is the territory – how we perceive it is our own unique map. Rainbow Technology is the art of enriching and widening these maps to give more real choices.
- If you always do what you’ve always done you’ll always get what you’ve always got – if something is not working do something different.
- Integrating the latest learning and thinking methodologies and techniques (NLP, Whole-brain learning, Accelerated Learning, 7 Intelligences, Educational Kinesiology, Brain Gym, …) into a holistic, whole person tool will prove even more effective than the sum of the parts.
The ICADIA journey of whole person learning is about -
Learning for the whole person… Learning about the whole person
Learning to make the person whole… Learning how to be the whole person
It encompasses the knowledge of the senses and their ‘maps’,
how to remember our own unique internal “atlases’ and discover other peoples;
how to apply this re-learned wisdom; how to recognise the raindrops and sunbeams that form on our own lives and inform what we are and do;
and how to get the best out of both, to heal and grow – by growing our own “rainbows”.